Certified Reading Specialist and Cognitive Therapist
Austin Learning Solutions began in 1997 as a home-based business while Ann was rearing her son in the Eanes school district. In the twenty-one years since, Ann Conolly, a private reading specialist and cognitive therapist, has provided effective one-to-one training for hundreds of private clients of all ages resulting in considerable learning improvements and enhanced self-confidence. Client testimonials are on "Praise" page.
Testing shows that most students with learning issues don't read well and are three to eight years behind age level in auditory processing or other processing skills. As a Special Education teacher, I was frustrated to witness how many bright, learning-challenged students were placed in Special Ed programs, but didn't get the help they really needed to 'outgrow' Special Ed needs. These students needed one-to-one training for their specific processing skills deficits and would benefit from cognitive therapy. The schools do not have the time or resources to provide these services for so many students. For these reasons, I have pursued continuing education and certifications to provide the individualized training each learning-challenged child or adult needs.
Educational and Specialization credentials:
- Private Reading Specialist and Cognitive Therapist, 1997 - present
- Member, Autism Society
- Member, Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Member, International Literacy Association
- Member, Texas Association for Literacy Education
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) Advanced Training II (Sound Therapy), 2016
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) Advanced Training I (Sound Therapy), 2015
- Learning Rx's PACE cognitive training program Practitioner, 2015
- The Alert Program Training 2013
- TLP - Bone Conduction Certified Provider, 2009
- The Listening Program Practitioner (Sound Therapy), 2009
- Learning Ears Practitioner (Ear-Voice Training), 2006
- Samonas Practitioner (Sound Therapy), 2006
- Licensed Phono-Graphix Master Trainer, 2005
- PACE Provider (Processing and Cognitive Enhancement), 2000
- Certified Phono-Graphix Reading Therapist, 1998
- Certified Dyslexia Specialist, EduTherapeutics, 1997
- Covenant Christian School, 4th grade teacher, 1986-1987
- Special Education Teacher, Conroe ISD, 1979-1983
- Certified Texas Educator, 1979
- B.S. Special Education, University of Corpus Christi, 1978
Each program I recommend serves the auditory processing system. Auditory Processing Disorder, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Integration Disorder and Executive Function learning challenges all benefit from Sound Therapy with Bone Conduction. Numerous helpful case studies are available on Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) website. Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are also well-served with the iLs Program. Learning Rx's PACE cognitive training program has shown measurable results and changed many students' lives.
I look forward to serving your family to help you resolve the problems hindering your child's success. You can start today to change your child's future!
Yours for successful learners,